LASEMA identifies faulty cooking gas cylinder as cause of Ijesha fire — DG

0
26

LASEMA identifies faulty cooking gas cylinder as cause of Ijesha fire — DG

NaijaNews Nigeria January 18, 2021

Director-General Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu

NewsReport Nigeria reports that the constructing on Market Street, off Ijesha, in Surulere, Lagos, housing  9 flats and 12 shops, used to be on Saturday evening, gutted by means of fire, precipitated via a faulty cooking gasoline valve that exploded, in accordance to the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA).

This online news medium gathered that a post-disaster evaluation, Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, the agency’s Director General, disclosed on Sunday that no existence was, however, misplaced in the blaze owing to the quick appearance of LASEMA as first responders.

“The bungalow property comprised 9 rooms, including 12 stores was once significantly damage. The business enterprise laboured alongside the Lagos State Fire Service to extinguish the furnace and the operation was once concluded in simply beneath two hours on Saturday.

“The entire constructing has been destroyed and will require integrity testing by the Lagos State Building Control Agency LABSCA, whilst the constructing has been cordoned off accordingly,” Oke-Osanyintolu said

He attributed the incident to the carelessness of one of the tenants, who used to be cooking with a leaking fuel cylinder, which affected different people’s residences in the building.

Oke-Osanyintolu urged residents to maintain off the scene, while additionally advising participants of the public to make certain that their gasoline cylinders are always in good condition, to keep away from furnace outbreak.

Recall that the affected residents pleaded with the Lagos State Government to grant them with shelter, while the shop proprietors are looking for economic guide from the Government.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here